Wednesday, September 21, 2005

T.N.T. for the Brain

When I was thinking of a title for this entry my mind strayed to Enigma for some reason. I suppose it was because I was thinking about "therapy" and how mental therapy helps, well, our mentality. My mental health seems to be explosive with ideas at times, so the name of the Enigma song seemed appropriate.

Monday night I made an entry entitled "An Un-Lively Summer." It told the tale of how uninspired I was to play on Xbox Live as of late. While that is still partially true, I wanted to comment on last night's Junkie Live Nite. Wow. A few of us played Unreal Championship (yes, the original) and had a blast. It felt really nice to get my frag on in true Deathmatch style - ala Unreal style. There was also little to no lag at all, which helped even the fragging field. An old friend who I actually met in UC also stopped in to join us, too. But what felt really great were those few times I pulled out ahead of one of my friends - the Resident Junkie FPS King™ - SenFunkernickel. I give him that title since he's always had a natural talent at FPS and he's the one competitor that I base my own skill against. Well, him and my husband Voodoo. I was taught to play FPS by Voodoo, so it's only natural to want to outsmart him in our playing, haha. And I'm sure he'd say the same about me. Anyway, to say the least, the old school night of Unreal was good therapy.

It's funny. I'm not sure why I feel compelled to write entries in this digital diary all of a sudden. I need to get my rear in gear and finish two game reviews for DPJ that I've had sitting for months. *sigh* I just can't seem to get in a creative mood. Oh, and now DPJ has a blog feature built into our site. I think it's a great idea to offer that for our members, but now I'm in debate whether to use it and close Unreal Mentality, or perhaps use both. Time will tell. Until then, I am in search of some T.N.T. for my brain to jump start this creative slump I've been in.

No comments: