Tuesday, February 3, 2009

macs + age = still awesome

yay! i got my powerbook back! i traded my 15" widescreen macbook pro to craig for the 12" powerbook g4. the powerbook is 3 years old and was originally mine. it was completely my idea. i freakin' love the 12" screen and really missed its portability. it really says something about the stability of a computer to *want* a 3 year old, "slower" machine. gotta love the power pcs.

we put a 250GB harddrive in it and maxed out the RAM to 1.25MB. its processor is just barely slower than the macbook pro's, but for what it's worth.... the power pc's are more stable than the intel macs. at least right now.

this thing is a rock. the only reason i ever upgraded to the macbook pro in the first place was because i started using Logic Express and needed the screen space. it's a big application! it takes up a lot of screen real estate. well, Logic is the most illogical thing i have ever tried to use in my entire life. so my main reason for having the macbook pro was null and void.

craig will make better use of it than i will since it's got an intel chip. although, it does pain me to know Windows is about to be installed on it. that's just blasphemy any way you look at it! oh well, i don't have to use it. heh

i really, really like the 12" screen. i know that sounds crazy to some, what with everything going widescreen these days, but 12" is nice and portable. even craig lusts after it.

Update: 1-26-11
I finally added this entry to my blog. It's been in draft form for years. Anyway, I wanted to add that the Powerbook still lives! It spent about a year with my stepmom before she upgraded, and I'm happy to report it's back in my possession and still ticking!

No comments: