Saturday, September 3, 2011

Inspired by: Bousman


[Note: This is the original post in my "Inspired by" series. Follow the "Inspiration" tag for more entries.]


Today I stumbled across Darren Lynn Bousman's filmmaker blog. You know him, he's the director of "Saw" 2-4, and the really cool, but lesser known, "Repo! The Genetic Opera". He's currently working on a new movie called "11:11" and has been updating his blog with notes from the production.

But I'm not here to talk about his latest movie. I found something else far more poignant in his blog archive that truly touched me. He wrote a 6-part blog series on how he made it in Hollywood. While every single entry is recommended reading, it was part-1 that touched me. Go. Read it.

http://www.darrenlynnbousman.com/life-lessons-in-la-la-land/