Sunday, February 5, 2012

App: Doc Scan

Anytime I get to use my iPhone in a geeky way, I'm happy. Because, hey, why not? I downloaded this free app a while ago called Doc Scan. Today I finally put it to use. In the current issue (Fall 2011) of MovieMaker Magazine there is an article I wanted to keep. A script doctor article that helps with various story problems. Well, I'm done with the magazine, so I didn't want to keep it just for the article, and I really didn't want to have to keep up with the 2 pages of the article itself.

Then I remembered… Doc Scan! I turned on several lights, took a pic of the article (one page at a time) and voila! The app lets you combine the 2 pages into one document, saves it as a pdf and then I uploaded it to Dropbox for safe keeping. Pretty cool! I have no idea if some of the other document scanning apps out there are better than Doc Scan as I only tried this because it has a free version. And anything I can do to cut down on paper clutter is nice. I haven't gone paperless yet, but I'm one step closer.