Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Postmortem: "Maternity Ward - Part 2

For part 2 of this series, our beautiful and talented actress, Suzy Ramsey, reminisces the advantages of filming a horror movie in a haunted house attraction and how it helped her get into the mindset of the insane....

This was the first project I have worked on in over a year, so I was a little scared at first. Making movies with Val and Craig has been so much fun and not at all like “work” like many actors deal with. So when they asked if I wanted in, I was stoked! “M IS FOR MATERNITY WARD" is the 4th project I have worked on with them and I have to say, they set the bar for future projects. I don’t even know if I would want to work with anyone else. They are so laid back and easy going and that makes for a wonderful experience on set. Plus, they pay me with Cherry Coke and pizza. What else could a girl want?!


Suzy Ramsey as "Mary" shooting a scene
This role was an especially difficult one for me, because I didn’t get to talk! How in the world am I, a loudmouth going to get my point across when I cannot talk? With this project coming about so quickly I had little time to prepare. I am not a trained actor but knowing I had to portray my character and the storyline by pure emotion was really freaking me out. 


Suzy getting her hands bloody
It really helped being at the Hauntedweb of Horrors. See, the less people watching me the more comfortable I am. The scene was set and with just the three of us I was able to really get into character. Especially towards the end of the day, when I had to put the straight jacket on, I literally started feeling out of my mind. We had started shooting in the morning and it was getting dark by then. With nightfall, the ambiance of the creepy haunted house combined with my Cherry Coke buzz really put me in the mind frame of wanting to nail that “insane” look for the last shot.


Craig (Cinematographer) framing a shot with Suzy ("Mary") in the straight jacket
All in all this was once again, an awesome experience. I look forward to making many more movies with Val and Craig. They are truly an amazing couple and a blast to work with. Stay tuned!!

Special thanks to Hauntedweb for the use of their amazing sets!

To watch and vote for "M IS FOR MATERNITY WARD," visit The ABCs of Death site! We appreciate your support!

No comments: