Thursday, November 10, 2005

Guitar Hero

I've got to blog about one of the greatest games I've played this generation. Or ever, for that matter. It's called Guitar Hero and it's for the Playstation 2. It's actually a bundled package that comes with both the game and the Guitar Hero SG guitar controller. I wasn't even planning on getting the game, but many of my friends kept talking about it and since it might be scarce down the road (like other music games), I figured what the hell. Needless to say, it's been one of the best impulse purchasing decisions I've ever made. My husband is even hooked. The publisher, RedOctane, is even releasing a separate guitar controller this month. I'm planning on buying one so that we can rock out together. It'll be a hit at family gatherings and parties for sure!

You don't even have to love music games to get a kick out of Guitar Hero. All you need is a love for good ole fashion rock n' roll, baby!!!11!!!!! Ever dream of being a rock god? Ever fantasized about replacing that air guitar with a real Gibson? Oh yeah. Well, now you can. But you'd better act fast. While this game may be a class-act and the recipient of many excellent reviews, music games don't usually hang around very long. Buy your Guitar Hero bundle today!

I'm currently 100% complete with Easy mode. And I've unlocked all six categories in Medium mode. I haven't quite mastered the last category of Medium yet. It's got unbelievable guitar hero tracks in there - Bark at the Moon, Texas Flood, etc. I thought Crossroads on Easy mode was difficult; Bark at the Moon's guitar solo is a monster! It's very difficult to a n00b guitar player such as myself. However, I'm very satisfied that I've at least opened all of the songs for Quick Play mode. Plus, I've gained enough money in Career that I was able to buy all of the Indie tracks to play.

So, as evidence, if you're even slightly into rock n' roll and have a Playstation 2, you owe it to yourself to check out this game. Remember me when you're rocking away to Crossroads by Cream.

To help the enticing along, here is a complete song list:

Audioslave "Cochise"
Boston "More than a Feeling"
Bad Religion "Infected"
Black Sabbath "Iron Man"
Blue Oyster Cult "Godzilla"
David Bowie "Ziggy Stardust"
Burning Brides "Heart Full of Black"
Cream "Crossroads"
Deep Purple "Smoke on the Water"
The Donnas "Take It Off"
The Exies "Hey You"
Franz Ferdinand "Take Me Out"
Helmet "Unsung"
Incubus "Stellar"
Joan Jett and the Blackhearts "I Love Rock 'n' Roll"
Judas Priest "You Got Another Thing Comin"
Jimi Hendrix "Spanish Castle Magic"
Megadeth "Symphony of Destruction"
Motorhead "Ace Of Spades"
Pantera "Cowboys from Hell"
Ozzy Osbourne "Bark at the Moon"
Queen "Killer Queen"
Queens of the Stone Age "No One Knows"
The Ramones "I Wanna Be Sedated"
Red Hot Chili Peppers "Higher Ground"
Stevie Ray Vaughan "Texas Flood"
Sum 41 "Fat Lip"
White Zombie "Thunderkiss '65"
The Edgar Winter Group "Frankenstein"
ZZ Top "Sharp Dressed Man"


In addition, there will be 17 unlockable tracks from Indie Rock bands, which include:

Acro-Brats "Call Out"
Anarchy Club "Behind the Mask"
Artillery "The Breaking Wheel"
Count Zero "Sail Your Ship By"
Freezepop "Get Ready 2 Rokk"
Honest Bob and the Factory-to-Dealer Incentives "Hey"
Made In Mexico "Farewell Myth"
Monkey Steals the Peach "Theme from Guitar Hero"
The Model Sons "The Story of My Love"
Shaimus "All of This"
The Bags "Caveman Rejoice"
Din "Fly on the Wall"
Drist "Decontrol"
The Slip "Even Rats"
The Upper Crust "Eureka! I Found Love"
Graveyard BBQ "Cheat on the Church"
Black Label Society "Fire It Up"


What are you waiting for? Get your copy of Guitar Hero today!

No comments: