Friday, January 13, 2006

And the Credits Roll....

It's a great feeling of accomplishment when I finish a video game. When I've slayed the final baddie or boss, or when I've nailed Dracula's coffin shut for the final time.... once again. Recently, I've been on such a gaming kick and it's brought my yearly total to 13 completed games. See, I've got this habit of buying more games at one time than I can actually complete at one time. However, I am trying to make up for that by actually completing some of them. I'm even going back to games I stopped playing a year ago in hopes that I can finally close the book on those games as well. Gamefly will also help with the buying too many games habit. I've recently signed up and I think it's been the best decision since I bought my Sirius satellite radio. I should have done it a long time ago since relying on Blockbuster to buy more than one copy of anything other than Madden or the Mom n' Pop rental stores around my area to keep up with current games is a total waste of time. But I'm getting off topic.

Here are the games I completed in 2005:

WarioWare Touched!
Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories
God of War
Unreal Championship 2
Destroy All Humans!
Riviera: The Promised Land
Radiata Stories
Mortal Kombat Shaolin Monks
Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow - 100%
Guitar Hero - Easy and Medium modes
Mario & Luigi Superstar Saga
Mario Kart DS
Quake 4


That's a total of 13 games. And I won't even get into the unGodly amount of hours I put into Animal Crossing: Wild World (DS) in the month of Dec 2005 alone. As I post this entry, I've already beaten 3 games since Jan 1, 2006. I'm on my way to beating last year's record. Some people have New Year's resolutions that involve life changes. Not me. Resolutions are bullshit. The way I see it, if there is something important enough to improve about yourself, you don't need a new year to do it. So, why resolve to do something you have no intention of ever living up to? It's like setting yourself up for failure. That's premeditated ignorance [a term my Dad coined] if you ask me. So, my "resolution" (if I have to use that word) is simple: To be happy and enjoy life.

Oh, and beat my record for "games beaten in 2005." But that's more of a personal goal than a resolution.

No comments: