Monday, January 9, 2006

He Came All Over America

So, today was the inaugural event. The Howard Stern Show debuted on Sirius satellite radio. I chose to listen to channel Howard 101 (the East coast feed) since I was able to catch the entire show from 8am-1pm my time. I have to say, George Takei took the cake today. Next to Howard, of course. I'm glad to hear that Takei will be the new Stern show announcer. Arty, on the other hand, was the most annoying I've ever heard him. I'd love to hear Takei be given a permanent seat in the studio.

It was a good show. It's hard to compare this show to a normal show simply because it wasn't a normal show. The press conference was needed because this show was special - it was the first - but I look forward to the days to come when we start hearing normal bits again. I can't wait for "That's Just Wrong." So, I'm definitely excited for what's to come. The big revelations were awesome. I can't wait to hear which revelation belongs to which cast member. We'll find out next Monday!

The great thing about Sirius is that I don't just get The Howard Stern Show, but also great music. I've got every available preset on my Sirius Starmate already set. All 30 of them. It's great. "Hair Nation" the "60s" channel are definitely two of my favorite channels thus far. And it's not just the commercial free music I get. It's mainly that I'm getting to listen to the music I actually want to listen to. Not the shit that local radio loves to play: Puddle of Mudd, Nickelback, I could go on. I don't mind paying for something that I actually want. I don't even listen to my FM radio anymore. I bought Sirius for Howard, and having the music I want to hear is just the icing on the cake.

During the news, Robin brought up Peter Jackson's King Kong movie and in true form, Howard burst in to give his thoughts on the big ape film. I thought it was hillarious and it felt like some of the normality was being brought into today's very busy show. I didn't much care for the movie, but then again I never liked the original either. Ironically, I bought the game for my Xbox 360 this weekend and already beat it. I enjoyed the game much more than the movie.

Back to Howard... I'm glad to finally have him back in my mornings again.

No comments: