Thursday, January 15, 2009

piano lesson #1

So, I had my first lesson Tues night (1-13-09). We mainly talked about what I have already taught myself so the instructor could gauge where we need to begin. I got confirmation on a few things I was doing right, which I am very happy about, and learned a few tricks, too. I've been struggling with this one lesson (song) and after applying the tips he gave me, I've already noticed improvement. We talked a little about music theory, too. Something else I'm interested in learning more about. It only makes sense to understand the "why's" of music. Taking lessons is really going to help me. I'm really excited about it!

Our instructor is great. We hope to watch his band, Distilled, perform Fri night. Should be fun.

I also started practicing guitar with Craig. Unlike piano, I know ziltch about guitar. I think I will do ok with some practice. I'm already wanting my own to play on. Haha...


Also, for my birthday, Craig gave me an Alesis Trigger IO interface for my Ion Drum Rocker kit. I'm in love with that thing. All I need now is a new kick pad and pedal and I'm good to go. It'll hook straight into my Mac and I can use any drum sounds that I already have from Garage Band and Logic. Can't wait to lay down a beat to either Craig's guitar and or my piano tracks.

No comments: