Wednesday, February 2, 2011

contemplating a web series

Lately I've been thinking of ways to branch out in filmmaking. Making shorts is fun and offers great experience, but I want more focus. Having a series of shorts sounds like a cool idea. It's not original; webisodes have been around since the dawn of Youtube, at least. But the idea to have a running serial is intriguing to me.

Having no siblings until I was 13 years old, I grew up with TV. Mainly sit-coms. To say I'm disgusted with the current state of TV is an understatement. I haven't been a regular TV viewer since the early 2000's. It's mainly only movies for me these days.

My first love has always been movies and I do not plan to abandon that. Making a web series - successful or not - is simply an excuse to get more experience making shorts before tackling the ultimate dream.... feature films.

Last year I toyed with the idea of turning our short, "Don't Look in the Fridge" into a series. That isn't out of the question, but I want to explore and develop other ideas. Nothing's concrete yet, just brainstorming!

I've got several ideas for episodes and over the next few weeks I'll be developing those with our little Cinegore Pictures family. Everyone is excited about the venture. I'm looking forward to what transpires, and of course, I'll be blabbing about it here!

No comments: