Sunday, December 1, 2013

Why I Love My Playstation Vita



I really love my Vita. 

I bought it this time last year when amazon had an amazing gold box deal on Black Friday. In the year since I've had it, there have been some great games. I love the 2 Ninja Gaiden ports, Sly Cooper, Soul Sacrifice, Persona 4, Killzone: Mercenaries, Tearaway, and all the indie games. As I was writing this blog, IGN just happened to post something similar that is also worth a read. 

One aspect that I absolutely love is that Playstation+ supports the Vita each month just like it does the PS3 (and now the PS4). I've gotten Uncharted, Gravity Rush, Wipeout, Rayman Origins, and so many more games for free with my subscription. Plus, they just released Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath and Soul Sacrifice all for free with a subscription. Not to mention all the indie games they add for free or at a discounted price. And they give killer sales on downloadable games. Several months ago, I bought Little Big Planet and Touch My Katamari for real cheap. Sony really brings the A-list titles to PS+. 

Regarding the indie games, the Vita is such a great console for stuff like that. I just finished Limbo, which was amazing. I'd love to design a simple and elegant game like that. And I'm also playing Lone Survivor and Guacamelee. I thought the old school graphic look would get in the way in Lone Survivor, but it adds a lot of charm. Sure, these are usually ports from other platforms, but who cares? Thanks, Sony for bringing them to me because I otherwise would likely not experience these games. 

And now there's Tearaway. If you own a Vita and haven't played Tearaway, you are missing out. It is the most innovative platformer I've played in years and has the best use of touch controls ever. Period. Take that mobile gaming. And it has a most endearing story. 

If you've been on the fence about buying a Vita, now is the time, especially if you have any interest in a PS4 and remote play. I will get into more at a later date once I've had time to really use that feature. But there are so many great games available for the Vita now and it'll only get better with more support.

No comments: