Friday, October 6, 2006

Free Spirit

Wow, it's been like... forever since I last updated. Two reasons: gaming, summer, and my new motorcycle. Ok, that's three. Sue me. I do a lot of gaming in my off time (I'm up to 26 completed games for 2006) and this past summer, my husband and I went to Disney World for a vacation. You don't have to be a kid to appreciate the magic of Disney. Anyone with an imagination can have a ball.

After our vacation, I got the fever. The motorcycle fever. See, I grew up riding dirt bikes, so I was bitten by the bug at a very early age. But it wasn't until this past July that the fever for a street bike set in. My dad bought a Yamaha 1100 V-Star during the summer and boy was I ever envious. But my husband has never expressed an interest in bikes, so I sort of ignored the green monster growing inside me. Actually, it wasn't necessarily envy; I'm just really into riding motorcycles and really wanted to be out there with him when I heard about how much fun he was having.

Well, long story short, my stepbrother's girlfriend had her bike over at my dad's one Thursday evening when I was there. It is a red 2002 Honda Shadow VLX Deluxe 600cc. And it was just my size! Needless to say, I was very anxious about telling my hubby that I wanted a bike. Basically, I was going to respect his wishes but I wasn't prepared to take 'no' as an answer. Imagine my surprise when I proposed to him two days later (I had to work up the nerve!) that I buy a bike and he.... was very interested!!!! As in interested in even getting his own!

So, that weekend we went bike shopping. By that Monday we were the proud owners of two 2007 Honda 250cc Rebels both black. We decided to go with smaller bikes since these were our first street bikes. By the following week we had our licenses and were out on the open road.



Fast forward to this past week. We've both got bigger bike envy. We are going this evening and possibly even tomorrow back to our Honda dealer to see what they can do for us. My husband has already talked to the salesman and he was very receptive to wanting to help. Hopefully Honda can do well for us and we can bring home two new bikes!

I'm looking at the 2007 Shadow VLX Deluxe in the light blue silver metallic color. It's gorgeous.

No comments: