Wednesday, October 11, 2006

PS3 + ebay = Capitalism

Yeah, I admit it. It pisses me off to hear or read "gamers" say that they plan to wait in line, in the freezing cold, for hours and hours, to buy a PS3 only to bring it home, take a picture of the box (if they even go to that effort) and put it on ebay for astronomical prices. Why does this piss me off? Because any real "gamer" would rather be playing that console than taking advantage of someone else's stupidity (or laziness). Of course, it is difficult to blame 'em for that; stupidity deserves to be slapped upside its head. But it is tough to swallow that the honest PS3 fan will be out the chance to get one while these other schmucks are only doing it to pad their pockets. But what can you do. Capitalism is the American way, right?

For the record, I will own a PS3 in the near future. Possibly next spring once all the hoopla has died somewhat. I could have reserved a spot on the reserve list yesterday, but elected to save my 100 bucks (and the other 500) for my motorcycle and the Wii.

No comments: