Thursday, April 12, 2007

Purely Logic

So, Craig is working on the pre-production of his short film, Legion, and I'm helping with what I can. I'm co-writing the script (mainly the dialog); I have a small part in the film; during shooting, my roll will become Script Supervisor (basically, the person in charge of continuity and following the script); and I'm also planning on composing the musical score for the film.

It's that last part that has me terrified. Yet excited. I bought a really awesome professional program called Logic Express 7 that I'll use to compose the score - on, get this, my Mac Powerbook. Yes, I can mix music on my personal notebook computer as if I were in a professional recording studio. Technology has really pushed the boundaries of music production. And things couldn't be easier with a Macintosh.

The only limitations I've encountered thus far are screen real estate, harddrive space, and now RAM. I've loved my 12" PowerBook for the 1 1/2 years I've had it and it's been more machine than I could ever take advantage of. But now that I'm getting into more intensive work with song mixing (video editors can relate), I need a wider, bigger, and faster machine. So, I'm looking at the 15" MacBook Pro's. These babies are sahweet.

No comments: