Wednesday, April 4, 2007

coda-ized

Time for a 'cool change'. This blog started out as a way for me to express myself regarding my main hobby of gaming, but I found I really didn't use it the way I had imagined. Rather than totally do away with it, I opted for a facelift. I'm giving "unreal mentality" a polite sendoff and "coda" a friendly nod hello as of this entry.

I like the name. I always tend to make things my own by some sort of customization, so not only does it fit my current musical mood but it also sums me up quite nicely. coda is about my passion for music and writing with a splash of other hobbies mixed in, too. Those other hobbies often include gaming and motorcycling, but entries won't be limited to only those topics. And I'm not totally abandoning gaming; I've added links to all of my reviews in the left column and my "Because I Game" section is still around, too.

Speaking of music, I promised I'd make more frequent updates on my piano playing progress, so here goes. After a little over a month of playing (off and on, I don't play every day) I have learned three chords: C Major, G7, and F Major. It may not seem like much to a seasoned veteran, but it's a huge feat for me. I can't believe how soothing it is to play. And I never would have imagined it would come so naturally. I guess I get it honestly, as my Grandmother is a terrific pianist.

No comments: